November 30, 2021
Our fibre to the home project locates in the north area of rural Burlington is scheduled to begin construction in early spring 2022.
At this time our project is being reviewed by The City of Burlington, The Region of Halton, The Niagara Escarpment Commission and Conservation Halton. Due to the size and location of the project the four land use authorities listed must all issue permits for some or all of the area where work will take place. Unfortunately the permit process has taken longer than any one anticipated. Construction of this nature in the winter months is almost impossible and when it does take place it is very unproductive in terms of how much is accomplished in a day compared to the same work taking place in the spring, summer and fall.
Based on our discussions with all the parties we are hopeful that permits will be issued before end of February 2022.
Our next steps once permits are received are as follows.
- Our construction schedule will be finalized and posted to this website.
- Our team will order what are known as locates. Locates show our construction team where other underground utilities exist and are required by law in Ontario before any construction begins. Locates are typically only valid for a period of 30-60 days and can take 2-3 weeks to have completed. When permits are received our team will begin the process of ordering locates via Ontario One Call.
- Our construction team will complete a full site walk of the project area and begin to bring in our equipment.
- Construction will begin and take approximately 3 months.
- When all construction is completed we will being connecting homes to the network and activating service for those who has subscribed.
When more information becomes available we will provide an update on this page as well as to our mailing list. To join our mailing list simply fill out the form locate on the right hand side of this page.